Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spilling the Beans.......


I still find each day too short for all the walks I want to take, all the thoughts I want to think, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see......John Burroughs.
John left out a few more things I can't find time for.......projects. All the projects I want to learn and do before I cannot see or use my hands......I feel like the robot on the eighties film which I cannot remember the title for: "Input, Input"......I seem to walk around sucking in whatever my eyes and ears can take. My hands just can't keep up with it all.


Since moving my things (most of them) out to the studio, I find I don't work so long into the night and so I am not putting in the hours and not getting to as much as I would like to, either. I know summer will bring more daylight hours and so I will work out there longer, but I am in a little panic just now. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to shut the door and walk away without having to put everything away only to have to take it all out again in a few hours. I do like being able to differentiate home work with house work. I do like the feel of it being two different tasks. I just feel off-balance a little.

It feels a little like a grind trying to balance on-line production with off-line production. I have two different audiences and it is a little of a juggling act. My plan is to diminish my off-line trail somewhat. I do far too many road shows. Currently I am booking around 43 shows. It is just too much. Some of them I never get to do because of inclimate weather, but I still have to plan and oft times "show up".

And even though I am "pressed" for time, I LOVE it all and couldn't ask for a better way to make my living. I am glad that I got in when it was first a "hobby" and then by the time it had to earn my keep, I got a lot of the "kinks" worked out. Now, I find myself changing direction again, but with the risk of having to "earn my keep" while changing up----a little more intimidating. At any rate........
I plan to keep it a good "brew". Stay tuned.........♥

No comments: