Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I love painted dishes



It's not like I don't have enough dishes, but these painted ones get me all the time. I don't know what it is about dishes that looked like they have been newly water-colored, but I can't resist lingering in their presence and touching and handling them, and even doing a bit of fantasizing........

If I were a potter, I know I would definitely have to paint on my dishes like this. When Tracey Porter was new in the field, I liked her things very much, but something happened to her designs, they are not as appealing as I once thought they were. They are not fresh and simple, but more foreign looking and overkill.

I like dishes that look like vegetables and fruit, too. Like bowls shaped like watermelon, or head lettuce, or dishes that are a half carrot. At Easter there seems to be an abundance of vegetable shaped dishes.

This particular set came from Mackenzie-childs and run a whopping $98.00 per dinner plate, $65.00 per mug, $65.00 per tea cup and the saucer another $40.00. The wonderful tea pot $185.00. They sure are delicious to look at, though.

I may post some pictures of the dishes I actually own.....I have some really neat ones and I use them, too. Take care until I write again!









1 comment:

LizzieJane said...

I want those dishes and I want to come for afternoon tea!
They are so beautiful.
Thanks for letting me know about the Flickr plush parade, I will go and check it out.